We are exposed to toxins continuously throughout our day. How to remove toxins from our body is a question many people have today. Unfortunately our air, water, and food contains many more chemicals and contaminates than previous generations had. Even though our liver, gut, skin, kidneys and lungs make an efficient detoxification system, these systems are overloaded and many people are feeling the effects of too many toxic elements.
Common effects of toxins include, but are not limited to:
- Body aches and pains
But people who learn how to remove toxins from the body, and avoid toxin exposure as much as possible, report relief from these ailments. It is not uncommon for these problems to be eliminated entirely.
Below are some simple ways to reduce and remove toxins from your body and home.
Stop Drinking Water Out of Plastic Bottles
While drinking plenty of water each day does help flush excess toxins from your body, drinking out of disposable plastic bottles can expose you to toxins. Even though water companies are starting to use BPA free plastic, there are other chemicals that can contaminate the water inside, especially when exposed to heat, like they would be in the back of a delivery truck. Some of these chemicals are known endocrine disruptors.
Even reusing plastic bottles is not a good idea, as the chemicals can break down over time. Eventually those toxins will go into your water, and then into your body.
Buy a portable bottle made of glass or aluminum, and refill it throughout the day. Not only is it healthier than drinking out of plastic, it is better for the environment. It will also save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year.
Clean Your Home With Natural Ingredients
Some chemicals are actually more harmful than germs that they kill. Heavily perfumed cleaners can irritated those who suffer from asthma and allergies. Some of the biggest offenders of cleaning products are :
- Antibacterial cleaners usually contain triclosan, a dioxin. Repeated extended exposure to this toxin can contribute to a weakened immune system, a decrease in fertility, hormone disruptions and sadly, even birth defects. Worse, triclosan can mix with the chlorine in your tap water and create even more dioxins. Use Instead – Regular soap, like Dr. Bronner’s or Kirks Castille soap. They remove 99.4 % of germs.
- Oven cleaners oven cleaners contain sodium hydroxide, and can eat through the top layer of skin, and cause serious tissue damage. Oven cleaner is a harsh and pungent irritant to your lungs and eyes. This cleaner contains known carcinogens benzene, toluene, xylene, methanol and ethyl benzene. These chemicals can cause damage to nervous systems of unborn children. When an oven is cleaned with these cleaners, the residue that is left behind releases toxic fumes into the air when the oven is turned on. Use Instead – A homemade oven cleaner recipe paste of baking soda, salt and water.
- Dishwasher detergent The number one cause of accidental child poisoning today is dishwasher detergents. They composed of highly concentrated chlorine that is poisonous. When exposed to skin they cause burns. They have been known to damage mucous membranes and irritate eyes. They leave a residue on your silverware, dishes, and glasses that is later ingested. Use Instead – Buy detergent that is phosphate and chlorine free.
- Shampoos for carpet and upholstry The carcinogen perchlorethylene is usually the main ingredient. This chemical is to blame for many cases of the liver, kidney and the nervous system damage. These cleaners also contain ammonium hydroxide, which is corrosive and irritating to your eyes, skin and respiratory system. After being exposed to the fumes, many people report feelings of nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, insomnia, and disorientation. Use Instead – For wine or fruit stains use salt. Club soda is good to remove light stains. For general cleaning you can make a mix of baking soda and water. To deodorize you can use baking soda and cornstarch.
- Toilet, tub and tile bowl cleaners – Many poisonings are to blame on these cleaners. Hydrochloric acid, which is corrosive to eyes and skin, is a key ingredient of many of these cleaners. They can cause damage to the kidneys and liver. Another ingredient sometimes found is hypochlorite bleach. This can also bother your eyes, skin and respiratory system. If inhaled it can induce vomiting and cause pulmonary edema. The carcinogens that bathroom cleaners often contain are benzene, ethyl benzene, toluene, xylene, and methanol. These chemicals cause birth defects and damage the nervous system. Use Instead – Homemade bathroom cleaner recipe – Pure white vinegar will remove stains from your toilet. Borax, a mineral that dissolves in water, will clean your tiles. A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water will remove soap scum.
Glass and window cleaners – Butyl cellosolve is a main ingredient in many store bought window cleaners. It is responsible for causing nerve damage. They may also contain ammonia, which can irritate respiratory systems. If accidentally mixed with chlorine-containing cleaners, ammonia will release toxic chloramine gas. Use Instead – Homemade window cleaner recipe – Mix 1 part white vinegar with 1 part tap water in a spray bottle. For extra dirty windows you can use a non-toxic soapy water pre-wash.
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are foods that are genetically engineered to withstand high amounts of pesticide and weed killer. Farmers are increase the amount of these poisons they can use, without fear of killing the plant. The only problem is, we then ingest these super sprayed plants, and ingest higher amounts of pesticide and weed killer. Even though the crops can tolerate high levels of these poisons, humans cannot.
Eat only organic fruits and vegetables. When buying meat, try to find out if the animals were fed soy, and if so avoid if at all possible. Soy shouldn’t be eaten at all, and GMO soy is even worse.
You really need to be aware of what the ingredients of the food you buy are. Here is a list of genetically modified food.
- Infant Formula – rGBH
- Beef fed GMO Alfalfa
- Milk – rGBH
- Vegetable Oil – typically made from GMO soy
- Canolal Oil – typically GMO
- Corn – eating GMO corn has been linked in several studies to heart, adrenal glands, spleen, kidney, and liver problems
- Flax – illegally grown GMO flax has been a problem in Canada
- Sausage – can contain GMO corn syrup and corn syrup solids
- Soy – most prevalent GMO crop today
- Corn Starch – made from GMO corn
- Tomatoes – GMO tomatoes have been shown to have the least amount of antioxidants and the lowest nutritional value when compared to organic and conventional tomatoes.
- Sucrose – made from GMO sugar beets
- Aspertame – carcinogenic chemical that, according to the EPA, causes neurotoxicity
Exercise / Lose Weight
Our body stores toxins i fat cells Lose the fat, and lose the toxins that go with it. Consult with your doctor to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise first.
Hopefully you found some this information useful. If you did, please share through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or any social media you choose.
If you have any questions or comments, please add below.